View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 07:45 PM   #313 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

Day 2
  • Started with a classroom session on all the turns of the track.
  • Then we were loaded into vans and the instructors drove us around on the track, pointing out turn ins/outs. It was interesting, the instructor I had, was taking a Honda Odyssey van, with 7 of us in it, hitting 100 mph down the back section into turn 7.
  • Back to the class room for a bit more instruction
  • Lapping was the rest of the day.
  • First was follow the leader a bit. And jumping out and riding with an instructor, never got to do that, since running late and needed to stop for lunch.
  • After lunch one more follow the leader and then we were on our own. It was different this time, everyone on the track and passing was allowed. But it all went very well. No problems with passing by anyone.
  • My moment, I was coming into turn 1 and I stab the brakes, late just messed up and over the yellow curb I went. Did what they said, rode the curb, slowed down and back on track, took out two cones. (he later asked who did it)
  • Total number of laps was 51, with a best time of 1:55:57
  • This was a father and son event, my son had a moment, down the back straight. He was telling me he had brake fade and it would come and go. He told the instructors also, but when they checked it, it was solid. So, he continues, but was a bit careful. So, on one lap coming down the back straight, no brakes ended up in China Beach, but he did what they said, go straight do not try to make the turn. He brought the car back and they gave him another car, which he said the brakes were a lot better

That was day 2 and the last day of driving the Student car, so on Day 3 it will be the Z.....