View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 11:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
nr7
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Roadster Sport
nr7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZontheRocks View Post
Personally, I flush my clutch fluid every other oil change (6000-10000 based on most people’s maintenance schedule). My suggestion is always sooner the more spirited the driving. I would also add to keep an eye on fluid color in addition to fluid capacity. If that stuff is dark brown or has crap sitting in the bottom of the reservoir, change it out! May not need to flush at that instant, but putting some new fluid in the reservoir helps, IMO.
That is good advice and I will try to follow it. I am going full synthetic every 5000 miles at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZontheRocks View Post
As for how soon I would change the actual CSC, if I were in your shoes I would get it swapped out ASAP.
  • Does ASAP mean after I return to Utah in 2 months and 15000 miles?
  • Or does ASAP mean do ahead and continue through the Tail of the Dragon and Blue Ridge Parkway and have the parts sent ahead from zSpeed to a good mechanic North of here in a 1000 or 2000 miles.
  • Or does ASAP mean wait here in Charleston for zSpeed to get the parts and find a mechanic who will do the repairs before going a 100 miles further?

nr7 is offline   Reply With Quote