Thread: TT or NA?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 05:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmarz_ View Post
You guys are awesome! You all have been mad helpful with my other questions I really appreciate it! My next question is this…the Z is my first sports car and I love it. However I don’t feel it’s fast enough or loud enough for me. I was going to save up and buy a turbo kit at some point but some people in the forum have told me the couple of upgrades I’ve done are counter productive to that and I’d have to remove them when I get a TT kit anyways. So is it worth it to turbo/supercharge a 370z? Or should I just upgrade the car with natural aspiration parts then move on and maybe buy a vette or put myself in debt for a GTR or something else? (2013 370 base 7AT 50k miles, borla S type catback, z1 CAI)
Mod the nut behind the wheel first and enjoy the relative reliability of the car n/a. Start doing hpde events or drag racing if that’s your thing, and that’s a much better use of your $$.

You don’t sound very knowledgeable about cars (not meant as an insult, we all started out like you at some point), ignorance + fi on a non factory fi’d car is begging for a disaster imo.

If you’re dead set on forced induction, you’ve got about 6-12 months of intensive study ahead of you, start reading up, both here as well as about turbos, superchargers, engine and transmissions, differentials etc.

And for the love of god, if you have any ounce of sense in your young brain, don’t go into some debt spiral for a gtr or any other car for that matter.

Which segways nicely into another fi issue, always pay cash for your mods and keep an extra 10k in a savings account for when your motor goes boom. I say when bc ol Murphy has a nasty habit of rearing his ugly head at the worst possible time.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote