View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
nr7
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Roadster Sport
nr7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Do you know which clutch the old owner installed? And from where it was bought from?
No, I do not. The previous owner said he installed a new "competition clutch" and "billet fly wheel" at around 10 or 15k miles because the stock clutch was "slipping." When I said clutch slippage at 15k seemed odd, he quipped, "I did not like the clutch, so I replaced it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Make sure you run a high quality Dot 4 brake fluid such as Motul RBF600. It helps a lot. The master cylinder could have been damaged by the previous owner. He may have ran it dry on fluid. Sometimes they don't die right away. It takes a bit of time if they were ran dry.
I don't know what fluid RPM Autoworx used when they replaced the master cylinder. Should I enquire with them. Should I consider having the fluid replaced or should I leave well enough alone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BULL View Post
The Z clutch master cylinder hose is a common fault in these cars, they tend to deteriorate internally pushing all of that gunk into the pump causing it to fail over time
That's a Nissan fault.
The mechanic said I had goo in my sytem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I have a questions. When you started having to lift the clutch pedal back up did you check the fluid level in the clutch Master Cylinder? If you ran it dry the Clutch Master Cylinder is toast. Have it replaced. You can get one at that dealer.
Yes, the fluid was full at that time.

Last edited by nr7; 06-28-2022 at 06:38 AM.
nr7 is offline   Reply With Quote