Thread: TT or NA?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 02:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
ajmarz_
Base Member

Drives: 013 Nissan 370Z base
ajmarz_ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4oldcars View Post
If you had started with a Sport or a NISMO, you would have been closer to your goal already.
Bolt-on parts on a NA motor will get you around 340HP at the back wheels on a stick shift. (A little less with an AT.). A NISMO starts around 295 RWHP, a Sport with about 15 - 18 HP less, with a better diff on both (not a great one, a better one).
If you were going to build a higher HP car, you're probably starting from a good place, since the motor, trans and body are the same thru the line, but be aware you will have to change a LOT of parts to make it work. I would be leery of running a stock motor over about the 450 RWHP mark. (I haven't looked at the forced induction kits, so I don't know offhand what kind of power they make.)
Our cars are quick out of the box, but mustangs and comatose (snerk. WTG spell check! Comaros) are faster, with more options to upgrade. You have to WANT to drive something everyone else doesn't have, and be willing to spend a few dimes to upgrade. If all you want is fast and loud (shudder), there are cheaper options.

Kirk B.
You’re absolutely right! Driving something different is exactly why I got the Z! A lot of people in my area have muscle cars and focuses I wanted something different I’m not looking for insane speeds I’m happy with around 360-400 hp I understand it’s a v6 and an auto. I wasn’t able to find a nismo or sport in my budget and I also got a great deal on the 7AT. I’m really just looking for guidance with what bolt ons can get me to that level or if I should forego the bolt ons and save for a high quality turbo kit and installation.
ajmarz_ is offline   Reply With Quote