Thread: TT or NA?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
crazy4oldcars
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '16 Nismo Tech
crazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond reputecrazy4oldcars has a reputation beyond repute

If you had started with a Sport or a NISMO, you would have been closer to your goal already.
Bolt-on parts on a NA motor will get you around 340HP at the back wheels on a stick shift. (A little less with an AT.). A NISMO starts around 295 RWHP, a Sport with about 15 - 18 HP less, with a better diff on both (not a great one, a better one).
If you were going to build a higher HP car, you're probably starting from a good place, since the motor, trans and body are the same thru the line, but be aware you will have to change a LOT of parts to make it work. I would be leery of running a stock motor over about the 450 RWHP mark. (I haven't looked at the forced induction kits, so I don't know offhand what kind of power they make.)
Our cars are quick out of the box, but mustangs and comatose (snerk. WTG spell check! Comaros) are faster, with more options to upgrade. You have to WANT to drive something everyone else doesn't have, and be willing to spend a few dimes to upgrade. If all you want is fast and loud (shudder), there are cheaper options.

Kirk B.
crazy4oldcars is offline   Reply With Quote