View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 03:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
bstrubel
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Black 7AT
bstrubel is on a distinguished road
Default Wire routing

After a few false starts here is how I decided to run my wires. The two 15A fuses for the climate seat functions will be in the battery area fuse box as per factory specs. However, the factory plan has the climate seat relay the whole way across the engine bay and then the wiring penetrates the drivers side firewall. The passenger side firewall penetration is much easier to reach so I decided to locate my relay inside in the passenger side footwell with all the HVAC crap and BCM.

I ran the wiring loom for the climate relay down through the existing firewall hole on the passenger side where it comes out near the BCM.

For the drivers side I ran the climate seat power up through the center console area.

All the rest of the power comes from the drivers side fuse box.

Power:
1. Ignition switched power running over to the passenger side to activate the climate seat relay.
2. You'll need another ignition switched power running up to the center console to the climate switch.
3. You'll need one battery power running to the drivers seat (power seat motor).

Attached to the drivers side ground post (located below fuse box (pull back carpet).
Grounds:
4. Climate switch
5. Drivers climate seat
6. Driver power seat motor

(Note: The power and ground for the switch joins the driver seat harness at the seat t connector and then follows that up to the center console to the switches)

I ran all up by the drivers sill plate up under the carpet. I probably ran heavier gauge wire then I needed so my bundle was pretty fat but it did fit.

Some other ways of doing things might be to run the climate seat switch power and ground over top the steering stuff and up the center console that way. Also, the relay for the heated seats is located behind the storage cubby in the center of the dash so another option would be to put the climate relay there. I put mine in the passenger footwell area since it's easier to get to but it's not an official "correct" spot.

Drivers side is done now except for seatbelt sensor (still working with Corsa Technic to find some unrelated connectors and will be ordering everything together so have to wait a bit)

Last edited by bstrubel; 06-16-2021 at 04:01 PM.
bstrubel is offline   Reply With Quote