View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 10:40 AM   #292 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSTR View Post
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/ty...eport/6570971/

What that brief controversy did highlight, however, was how much tyre pressures can move around from when tyres are first fitted to the cars to when they are actually running on track.
Because nobody was smart enough to figure this out before Baku??? ReallY???
C'mon, when I run open lapping at half these speeds, I get tremendous variations in pressure. Seems that this would be pretty obvious to anyone in the sport or even a casual observer.

Given that almost every Toyota can give TPMS data showing real time pressure AND temperature at each corner, is it reasonable to assume that teams are not tracking this data? So why not say that the minimum pressure is "X" PSI / BAR at Y Degrees C? Unless it leaks out under extreme heat and pressure, it is going to return to that pressure whenever the air is that temperature. And for a group that prides itself on engineering, it isn't likely too big of a stretch to figure out what the pressure curve on these tires (likely varies by compound) would be at any given temperature. Wheel size and tires are all regulated, and tire construction is known.

Sounds like a load of horse pucks to me!
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote