View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 12:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
bstrubel
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Black 7AT
bstrubel is on a distinguished road

The wiring diagrams for the 370Z climate seats are split into different sections of the FSM because the seats are sort of 4(or 5) units in one. They have the airbag unit connector, the seat belt buckle sensor connector, the power seat function, the climate functions, and for the passenger seat the occupant sensor. The occupant sensor connector and the airbag connector are the same so they are just plug-n-play. Also since all models have a seatbelt sensor we can just hook the adapter connector we will make into the existing seatbelt sensor connector without any new wiring.

I've re-drawen the Nissan wiring diagrams that are scattered in different sections of the FSM into one simplified diagram that shows the power supply routing, fuses, relay, and power source (battery or ignition keyed). This way if you don't like my approach to how I wired mine you can use it as a guide to wire yours how you would like it.

Now on to the parts and sources we will need:

What you will need:

1. The seats
2. Seat control switches (salvage available on ebay or buy new if you are rich)
3. Fuse taps/add a fuse connector
3. Seat relay and "socket/harness thing?"
4. Connectors
5. Tools (usual tools plus connector depinning set and crimper)

Seat relay
Nissan p/n: 25230-7996A
Factory uses 6 pin DPST (dual pole, single throw) Jideco relay. This is a relay that has one control circuit (single throw) that activates two power circuits (dual pole). So when the ignition is turned on the control circuit connects two different 15A power circuits so that the climate control module in both seats is getting power.

It appears the Jideco relays may be older and being phased out? I don't believe there are any present in the base 370Z. However, they appear very plentiful in older Nissan and Infinitis. I got the relay brand new since it wasn't that expensive. For the connector harness thingy it sits in older Pathfinder and QX4s have tons of these things so I bought a engine bay fuse box from a 98 QX4 for dirt cheap and removed one of the sockets. If you do this make sure you look at what the relays control and look for a fuse box that has the 6 pin Jidecos controlling a beefy circuit like blower motors, power outlets, whatever because the seats need some heavier guage wire. For mine I chose the connector from a power outlet circuit.

Connectors
For seat connection
These are how we will connect everything to the new seats
NS16FW
Furukawa 16 pin female
https://www.furukawa.co.jp/product/c..._c/jc_2_07.pdf

I could not find these at any speciality motorsports connector companies or electronics distributors in small quantities. However these connecters are very common in Nissans, especially as window switch control panel connectors. I ended up buying some used pigtails. I'd recommend looking at Maxima or Altima or other higher end models that have a bunch of window controls (4 windows, lock unlock whatever) since they usually have pigtails with a lot of terminals which saves you the trouble of having to order more terminal pins.

For seatbelt sensor connector for base models
We need to connect to the existing seatbelt sensor and run the wires to the new seat connector
A03FW
Yazaki p/n 7282-8630
https://connectors-catalog.sys.yzk.c...list&select=XX
These and the corresponding terminal pins seem to be readily available at decent prices.
Some places have minimum order sizes so for one I just ordered a bunch of AAA batteries to pad the order. Quest Components (Questcomp.com), Nexus Electronics (Nexelec.com/)

For the climate controlled switch connectors
TK10
TK08
Yazaki TK Type 91 8 way (passenger) and 10 way (Driver)
When you buy the switches try to buy one that has the pigtails still in it! If not the larger driver's side connectors is available here (with pins)
https://www.corsa-technic.com/item.php?item_id=1436
I could not find the 8 pin connector so I ordered a second 10 pin one and will have to perform some Dremel surgery on it but I believe it will work.