View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 12:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
JZNx
Base Member

Drives: 370z
JZNx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
You need to unplug the switch, and the set nut on the backside of the mounting bracket (opposite from the welded net in your photo) needs to be loosened slightly as well. It may be a bit of a pain, but both of these things have to happen in order to unscrew the switch.

It's easier in that video because the guy doesn't have that welded nut on the mounting bracket anymore. If there is enough slack in the wiring you might be able to unscrew the switch once the set nut is loosened. The shop is just going to find a guy small enough to get in there and unplug the switch - they won't have an issue getting it unplugged.

Also note when I referred to the blue portion of the connector earlier (tab on the opposite side of the blue) I was referring to the light blue portion of the connector. I forgot the other side was a darker blue. The tab is on the darker blue side.
Hey, thank you for the thorough update! I tried again and still no luck. Even if the dealership is able to unplug the switch, they'll still have to unbolt the welded looking bolt in order to replace them. You can remove the nut underneath but there still wont be enough space to take out the switch without actually taking out the welded looking nut.
JZNx is offline   Reply With Quote