View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 06:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZNx View Post
If you watch this video I have the exact same setup except that my bolt looks like its bit welded or something. And the other bolt that underneath the factory bolt is the bolt that actually comes with the switch to adjust the length so that clutch peddle can hit the switch properly. I'm unable to unplug the switch lol. If I take it to a shop, how would they do it differently?
You need to unplug the switch, and the set nut on the backside of the mounting bracket (opposite from the welded net in your photo) needs to be loosened slightly as well. It may be a bit of a pain, but both of these things have to happen in order to unscrew the switch.

It's easier in that video because the guy doesn't have that welded nut on the mounting bracket anymore. If there is enough slack in the wiring you might be able to unscrew the switch once the set nut is loosened. The shop is just going to find a guy small enough to get in there and unplug the switch - they won't have an issue getting it unplugged.

Also note when I referred to the blue portion of the connector earlier (tab on the opposite side of the blue) I was referring to the light blue portion of the connector. I forgot the other side was a darker blue. The tab is on the darker blue side.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote