View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 02:16 PM   #64 (permalink)
-ZS-Carpenter
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 370z 6MT
-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance View Post
Assumptions without facts is always a bad idea.

Like I said before, there was an incident where the compressor cover was removed from the turbo at time of install, and not installed back properly (square). The damage was identical to this, and forum warriors were all over it...*Sh!t turbo, "turbo needs oil brooo"...bla, bla...BLA!

No different than 3 customers having overboost issues...forum experts jump right on that too, and say poor design of kit, this that and a bunch of other BS. Only to find out that the installer mixed up the vacuum lines.

Always enjoy opinions, base on 3% of knowledge about the actual situation. Been doing this for a long time, seen it all.

As for "play", every turbo has "play", especially a JB turbo. If it didn't, it would explode the first time it gets up to the 1,400 deg F operating mark under full load.
The fact is nothing went through this turbo. You and comp are assuming that happened.

And yes. Turbos need oil. Another thing they need is coolant. The first one is why your kit didn't make my short list. The second is some kind of bad joke

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
-ZS-Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote