View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #752 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Well kids, it's been a long haul but the Hot and Cold side fabrication has been completed. All oil lines have been completed (lied, I need to hook one up). All lines have been cleaned. Coolant lines have been completed. Scavenger pump w/ lines completed.

Everything has been put together as it needs to be... So what does that mean? I took it apart. I did that so that the exhaust manifolds and up pipes can be ceramic coated AND heat wrapped with foil. My buddy that designed the Ford GT exhaust offered to use the same materials on my manifold and up pipes... yes please! That solution will make it so I don't burn up my alternator or lines! F'N fantastic! Only downside here is the cost of the ceramic coating, that shizz is expensive... like 400 bucks. It would look a bit silly with rusted manifolds on the car IMO.

So... you're probably asking what's next?

Well... Brake lines need to be bent for the front. The MS3 harness needs to be pulled and hooked into the standalone. Fuel lines need to be ran and the gas tank needs to be drained and cleaned. Battery needs to be moved to the back (buy a battery too). Purchase a drive shaft, which needs to be done this week because the lead time is like 4-6 weeks due to metal shortages. Yay - Covid!

So, Next question is... when will it start? Maybe next month?
When will it drive? Maybe August?

Those are the goals anyway. I'd REALLY like to get my car to LS Fest East this year and do some show and tell. Brian Settle said that he will be taking his car to the same event and I think it would be rad to have to wild *** Z cars sitting next to each other. If you haven't seen his car... Do your self a favor and look it up. It's probably the most wild 350z race car I've seen in person.

I'm sure the build has a TON of little things between the large items I mentioned. I'm not going to be surprised if a few large items pop up. Additionally, if dates slide... It is what it is. I really thought this car was going to be running years ago.

Yes, there really is a -16 to -10 reducer available on the market(Shown on pan). lol

Notice the fender washers now in the shroud. 1/2" bolts were used directly into the aluminum core support where I had tapped some threads.

Last edited by gbrettin; 06-08-2021 at 11:03 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote