View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 01:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
filip00
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Great tips guys, thanks for them! I'll definitely follow some of the advice here.

1. Gallery gaskets - I'll do it in a year's time, with the next oil change.
2. Fuel pump - I like the idea of replacing the top cap better than the epoxy bandage so yeah, I'll have look into that as well.
3. Brake fluid - I had it checked and since it contained no humidity and works well, I decided to postpone that change for now.
4. CSC - any preventative measure for this fail? I read about it, but I'm unsure as to what I can do preventatively.
5. Exterior color - I have no idea what it is. I doubt it's platinum grey, as it has a brown hue to it. A neighbour has an old brown Qashqai, and it's definitely more "silverish" than that, but still has that brown hue. Is there a sticker on the car (like VIN) which indicated exterior color?
6. Tyres - that's an interesting one. I first thought I'd use these to have some fun and change them as soon as they're spent...so like I mentioned earlier, I also did a VDC kill switch, I placed it in between the heated seat switches (see attachment). Still, I was surprised to find the car super grippy regardless of old tyres. I then went to alignment and asked to change camber on the rear, as I found it was a bit too negative for my taste. I went out and thought I'd use the tyres quickly but again, a LOT of grip. So regarding the tyres - I'm a bit disappointed with them being so soft and grippy although being 12 years old, and I'm suspecting they're losing pressure quite a bit (about 2PSI per 2 weeks or so), so they will be changed sometime soon.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210504_210016.jpg (653.5 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by filip00; 06-07-2021 at 03:24 AM. Reason: adding a picture
filip00 is offline   Reply With Quote