View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
scottrc5391
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z 6MT Sport
scottrc5391 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the compliments! This was my first time working with fiberglass so I'm really happy with the results. The process was fun but a bit miserable too with all the itchiness and mess. Having gone through it, spending many hours on each one, I would gladly pay for custom boxes, but as far as I know, nobody makes them for these locations.

SeeThruHead, that's a good idea. I bought some plasti-dip spray and I was gonna put a thick layer on them to help dampen any possible vibrations, but once I got carpet, trim, and everything reinstalled I found that vibrations were very minimal, except when I really crank it. So I never got around to applying the stuff and probably won't.

DieselKrampus, I agree. In this car where there is precious little cargo space, a sub box of modest size almost makes the trunk useless. With the bass tube right behind the bar, fitting my large roll-around luggage was a pain. I had to turn it sideways, unzip and open out the top, and put the bottom edges up on the interior trim by the shock towers at a perfect angle to clear the hatch lid. It was ridiculous. That's really what prompted the whole project. I used to have a 3000GT and never had an issue with cargo space, and I had a 2 cu ft box with a 15". Those cars had plastic storage trays under the carpet and beside the spare tire which is what they should have done with this car. And of course the rear seats folded down making even more space when needed. This one modification has made me much happier with my 370z.
scottrc5391 is offline   Reply With Quote