View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 01:52 PM   #168 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

that's possible, but I think your dash has probably reached that time limit. Mine was fine til about the 4th to 5th year. I'm in South California where the weather is mild and dry.

My car is garage and the dash looks normal after cleaning. However, it would get oily in about a minute once it is under the sun regardless of the temp. My guess is that the dash material reacts to the sunlight/UV and turns oily almost immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post

The most common factor I can find is people that daily drive the car and then stop driving it for a while and leave it in the garage. I did this with mine and the dash turned to shìt in less than 3 months.
nis350 is online now   Reply With Quote