View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 12:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
ht4e
Base Member

Drives: prospective 370z
ht4e is on a distinguished road

just wondering about others' experiences so I could have a baseline comparison for the product more recently. Has there been a drop in fly1 motorsports product quality since COVID,
1) The Amuse style partial top blade CF wing I received has tiny dents or what others called air bubble on the coating and a small 1.5 mm webbed dent. I reckon these are easily fixable at the bodyshop if I were to let them install instead of just painting it.
2) the fiberglass edges and angles, where the connections are made to other pieces to form the mold, have left been left exposed without touch-up ( so basically all white and the transition edge has a dark streak of grey line). I am unfamiliar with the process of molding these fiberglass pieces, so I assume this 4mm thick streak is the result of sanding to smooth out the edge after molding or bending the fiberglass.
not that it matters much since you gotta paint it anyway. some edges/bend/angles were rough and luckily only one side of the rough edges are visible after its mounted based on my preliminary mock up on the hatch.
ht4e is offline   Reply With Quote