View Single Post
Old 05-28-2021, 07:28 AM   #80 (permalink)
Voice59
Premium Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
Voice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
This thread is proof that you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

If the z35 had gone whole hog full redesign and super latest tech gizmos etc, then folks like me and others would bitch about not being as pure and old school driver focused sports car anymore, (it’d def have steer by wire ans that as much as anything else hurts driver connection to the car)

Now we get a heavily revised 370z with updated interior, better trans, better TT engine, upgraded evertything with regards to performance and most likely the aftermarket will get product out quick bc not a big change from existing car, and drivetrain isn’t new either…

And people bitch and moan that it’s not good enough

And all this happening when sports cars are struggling to justify their existence, and a global pandemic, and Nissan is financially on the ropes.

All the people who think they’re better off with an aftermarket TT kit and swapping in the new body panels to make their own are smoking some good sh1t. A TT car with warranty and corporate engineering to make it reliable for 100k plus miles is not reproducible by you. 90% of folks will be happy with stage II power levels and it will far cheaper and more reliable to get to that level starting with a factory FI’d car to begin with.

We should all be thanking the car gods this z35 even exists at all frankly. The aftermarket will step up and fix whatever factory shortcomings there will be, just like they did for the z34.
My issue isn't that the tech isn't cutting edge. It's that the "new" Z is using technology and styling from damn near 10 years ago in most cases. ****, the power plant isn't even anything new. Just an engine swap from the Q's. The only thing that is "new" is the design.

The thing is I'm not even upset about the power plant. It's that the transmission is (from what's been released so far) the SAME 7 speed trans and SAME 6 speed manual that came in the 2009's. The interior is NOT heavily modified, unless you consider a digital dash heavily modified. It's virtually identical to what was released in the 370z with the exception of stitching.

I realize they're struggling financially but I'd wager to say it's due to lack of innovation. People just aren't interested in Nissan anymore because almost everything they produce is behind the curve by 3 to 5 years the moment it hits the showroom floor.
Voice59 is offline   Reply With Quote