View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 09:49 PM   #8212 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Why should I slice my own throat so that China can rule over me. They are buying influence in this country and all other countries. Hollywood won't even make a movie that shows China in a bad light. Why, because of Chinese money.
But you’re not being asked to slice your own throat. Bringing blue collar jobs back here as much as possible from China but building cleaner running manufacturing facilities would help us, and hurt China actually. And reduce their influence and power over our economy.

All of us being a little bit better and conscientious about how we live will have big changes collectively. I’m not suggesting radical measures for any one person. I’ll bring up the red meat thing again since we’ve been debating that one. Imagine just eating red meat only once or twice a week, assuming you’re eating it more frequently than that, hats not a big change personally, but if millions do something like that, it has a huge ripple effect.

Another example would be thermostat settings. In the summer if more folks set their thermostat at 76 deg vs say 68-72 deg, not only would you save $$, we’d also burn less fossil fuel. Win win.

As far as China buying influence in our country and others. I agree with you I don’t like it. It’s why we need to invest in foreign countries not cut back on foreign investment by our state department. Interestingly, a lot of countries that took that Chinese money are now realizing that it came with strings attatched and they’re not to happy about it.

Re Hollywood, I agree with you again but I’m also a capitalist and companies are gonna go where the $$ is and they will suck up to the biggest consumer base. That used to be us, now it’s them.