View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 11:17 AM   #197 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeZ View Post
I'm kinda nervous as well. But I would be nervous (in the beginning at least) with ANY FI setup. It's a lot of money and if something goes wrong, even more money. Big money.

However, I've been wanting a solid supercharger setup for many, many months now, and for me, this is the one. Even if it means I'm amongst the very, very first to try it.

My engine failed on me last year (rod knock) so I had it rebuilt completely (using upgraded parts here and there). Lots of money there already. Fingers crossed I don't run into more trouble down the road. Aiming for a somewhat conservative tune, I suppose you could say. Around 525 whp (600ish at the crank). Plan on keeping the car for many, many years to come (third car, not a daily driver, summer only).
And this is the other approach we decided to not try. At 525whp then you do not require a built block since there are years of data to support that. The car owner now wants 800whp, which will obviously require a built block.