View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
RanRich
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 PG Sport M6
RanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
Looks ok except for one thing. It has no flex pipes. I consider that unacceptable and it would definitely cause a lot more vibration and resonance. Furthermore, I question the longevity of the pipe without a flex section. Not much of an upgrade IMHO.
Lots of exhaust systems are sold without flex pipes - Fast intentions, Invidia, Greddy , Injen, Stillen, etc. I understand your concern, but think given the success and high regards for the above brands its not as detrimental as you think. Also the OEM Nismo H-pipe is like 2" ID at most, vs a full 2.5" here, that alone would be decent flow improvement.

I mainly wonder if this suffers the same slip joint leaks reported on their Y-pipe. Can anyone speak to that?