View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 10:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
tchertel
Base Member

Drives: 2014 SC 370z
tchertel is on a distinguished road

I can smell that it is rich upon the cold start. When I am driving the misfires go away. This is with the Stillen box tune and I even had it tuned by another guy and he could never dial-in the cold start. One time we had where it would not throw a P0300 on cold start but it threw two other codes; i don't remember the exacts of the codes but I remember something about exhaust too cold and timing too high...something like that. The Stillen tune and setup never gave me a problem over the first 7 months or so of operation but something happened on a road trip, the car hiccupped like it was running out of fuel (but wasn't and never threw a CEL) and then the very next morning I had a P0300 show up on the cold start. By the way, the cold start AFR shows right about 14.7 to 1 once it runs up to fast idle and pretty much remains there as it comes down. I see misfires on all cylinders, about 2 to 3 times more misfires on bank 1 then bank 2 and most of the misfires fall in cylinder 3 with #1 close behind it. Plugs are good (GTR plugs gapped down a little bit), coils are good (the misfires did not follow when swapping them around), TBs are clean and the voltages of the TB Pos Sensor are almost complete exact across all four sensors.