View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 04:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
dvboy
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016,M6
dvboy has a reputation beyond reputedvboy has a reputation beyond reputedvboy has a reputation beyond reputedvboy has a reputation beyond reputedvboy has a reputation beyond reputedvboy has a reputation beyond reputedvboy has a reputation beyond reputedvboy has a reputation beyond reputedvboy has a reputation beyond reputedvboy has a reputation beyond reputedvboy has a reputation beyond repute

I just got my ZSpeed stage 2 clutch/19lb flywheel installed with CMAK.My car is relatively stock with boltons,was worried this setup would sacrifice my daily driving experience,so far I am relieved to say it drives really nice.The lighter flywheel doesn’t sacrifice dive ability at all,clutch is actually very smooth,smoother than stock but with better control and modulation.Yes,the pedal is a little more stiffer than stock,but 2 days in its forgotten.
Only negative is the addition of some noise at low rpms,mostly in 1st,sometimes in 2nd,kinda sounds like shaking a tin can with rocks in it.The stock set-up actually does the exact same thing,but with the DMFW it’s muffled,but still there.My installer actually made an error putting things back together,did not align the shifter plate properly and I was having a difficult time finding 5th and 6th.Fixed that and shifting is great.
Pretty much what others have said,looking forward to getting passed the break in stage!!