View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 08:24 AM   #187 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dirtyz View Post
Hey Everyone! I'm the owner of the Z that the Rotrex kit was developed on. Just to clear things up, during the Dyno run, when we had coolant coming out of the overflow hose, it was Aaron that told me to pull the car off the dyno. I wanted to keep going and do another pull but he convinced me that it would be best to pull the car off and build the motor before we get a major head lift and cause damage to the motor. Eugene also did warn me and explained all the issues we could potentially see by putting this much power to the motor along with pushing 22psi on a stock block. I was the one that instructed him to keep dialing things in as he did give me the warning. As his customer, he is going to tell me the potential issues but he will still continue to provide service if i request it knowing the risk of blowing the motor. These guys actually probably saved me from blowing up my motor because i got a little power hungry! i'm glad these two did their job by telling me to pull the car off the Dyno.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and tell you that if you were pushing coolant, you already lifted the heads. I'll wager that if you tested the coolant, you'd find evidence of combustion in the coolant. Inspect the block thoroughly, you'll find flame cutting on the cylinder walls. Good luck.