View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 12:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
RanRich
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 PG Sport M6
RanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Z1 Motorsports H-Pipe?

Has anyone replaced their factory Nismo h-pipe with this full 2.5" version from Z1?

https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...t-p-16779.html

Curious to know if the flow improvement would actually yield any worthwhile butt dyno results or tangible numbers. $300 isn't bad and the OEM h-pipe looks pretty shrimpy. Know people have done full mid-pipe swaps, but any info or experience anyone can offer on this would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE

Ended up buying after discovering a leak/broken weld on the OEM Nismo H-pipe. Got it installed last Friday and it sounds PERFECT - deeper tone but still quiet enough for daily duty and driving around town under the radar. However there are two things to address:

1 - once the system warms up after ~20 minutes of normal driving, it seems to expand to a point where it vibrates against the chassis at certain RPMs (from a stop, low 2K)

2 - the shop RTV'd the heck out of the slip joints but I can swear the right one is leaking once the system warms up and is under heavy throttle

I'll give it a 3/5 all in all. It sounds great but has some fitment issues that need to be addressed. I might get it welded and see if that helps but TBD.

Last edited by RanRich; 08-06-2021 at 11:00 AM.
RanRich is offline   Reply With Quote