View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

I rented the 2018 or 2019 model.

It did feel like an SUV as far as size goes, at least in dry conditions. Handling wasn't engaging imo, but not sloppy either. Pretty sure it only had the smaller VC engine (since, rental car). Still had more than enough pace on highway stretches where everyone was going over the top, and stable.

It was a bit of a head scratcher. I can't say it was bad, but me and the passengers for the 6+ hours of driving weren't sure about its worth at MSRP when the non-luxury Japanese brands were improving their interiors. Then again, I feel that way about some BMW's and Lexus models. It's not so much that they're bad, but it's like, are they really all that better for the money?

The used market may be the different situation, though. I imagine it starts looking like a more attractive prospect.

If say, you're trying to size it up against the CX-5, I think it's not on the same level in terms of driving experience, partially because of the transmission the Mazda has that makes it feel more "direct" as opposed to the power.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote