View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Smart move on the refund. Most tuners are happy to tune your cat-less car with a disclaimer that the tune is meant for off-road use only. Sounds like someone doesn't want your money lol
To follow up with what Jar has stated.

The tuners he recommends are very good. If you're technology competant, you could also reach out to Sebastian from Specialty Z. He does remote tunes. You essentially plug your laptop into the OBD port and collect a data log for him. He tweaks the log and sends it back to you with instructions on what he wants to see. Rinse and repeat a few times. Wala, you have a tuned car.

Jars recommendations on fast intentions pipes are highly respected. Very solid handcrafted work from a very reputable place. Only downdraw is they usually have a decent wait time on fabrication.

Personally, i'd go with HFC's over TP's, but that's just due to the loudness and smell they can give off. Totally your call though. Neither will hurt your car in any way. You may just feel the car is acting sluggish until a tune is done. The ECU's for our cars is very robust at keeping up with bolt-on mods.