Thread: Newbe
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 06:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

installing Touring seats in BASE/SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin82 View Post
huge news, just went out to the car and looked under my cloth seats. THE power harness is there, and guess what on 2 leads it has 12 VOLTS CONSTANT ON! so fyi, if you need to tap into 12 volts for other stuff right under the seats you can use the harness under your seat if needed.

First picture attached is from under the Touring seat. The plug by my thumb is the main harness that needs to be attached to the harness in the car (under the seat).

The plug by my index finger goes to the seat motor ( this came unplugged but i'm sure it goes there as it fits perfect)

The yellow plug must be the side air bag.

The second attachment shows the harness under the Base cloth seats. You can see I put a voltmeter to it, it has 12volts CONSTANT on!

Third picture I went ahead and plug in the motor harness.

Forth picture is a picture of more harness under the Touring seats, not sure where they are going yet.

As far as I can tell, the power harnes has 4 leads. I assume this powers both the seats and also the heating seats. The owner manual shows a "heat seat relay" behind the cubby hole.

The harness for the heated switch is there under the up holder, look at pictures 4, 5, 6. Both driver side and passenger side have power CONTAST ON. You can use this also for power if you need it in the center arm rest but the wires are very thin so you don't want to draw too much amps!

Now I need to find OEM heated switch in stock so I can wire them in and also need to check if the relay is there. I think it is a matter of only adding the switches and a relay so its all just straight plug and play.

With this info, once I finish my install this weekend or tomorrow night, I will convert this to a DIY.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote