View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 04:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
ShadowJester6
Base Member

Drives: '13 370z NISMO - MT
ShadowJester6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicVQ View Post
I think the DTC name: "Clutch interlock switch" may be misleading...
What if the ASCD / cruise control clutch cancel switch is sticking for 2.1 seconds???

When you read the DTC detection condition is says:
Detects that ASCD cancel switch is in the ON position for 2 seconds or more while ignition switch and clutch interlock switch are ON.

This is saying the ECM can't verify clutch pedal position, because both clutch pedal switches are ON.

The "ASCD cancel switch" (which is also called the clutch pedal position switch) is on the clutch pedal and is closed when the clutch is fully up. This is the switch that turns off the cruise control when we tap the clutch pedal.

As you know, the other clutch pedal switch is closed when the clutch pedal is fully depressed. This is called the "clutch interlock switch"

To test:
• unplug the ASCD cancel switch (this tells ECU that the clutch pedal is not at the top)
• unplug and short out the clutch interlock connector. This tells the BCM that the clutch pedal is at the floor.
• make sure the car is in neutral and/or press the clutch down
• try to start the car.

I had a similar issue on a Mazda 3 and the fix was to replace the switch... What was VERY interesting is that the switch was made by Nissan!
I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I've done that test as well. I hit the start button without touching the clutch to turn "acc" power on which will wake up all the computers and let them know it's go time. I then unplug the cruise control switch and left it to simulate the clutch pedal leaving breaking the circuit. And finally, I unplugged the clutch interlock switch and jumped it. No change. I then used the start button to cycle power a few times as I heard rumors of there being a time limit between all of the switches opening and closing. Still nothing.
ShadowJester6 is offline   Reply With Quote