View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 12:46 PM   #6322 (permalink)
TaroBaapG35
Base Member

Drives: 18 S4 + 05 G35
TaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4atatime View Post
So the 400z forum has more photos recently apparently the proto is a mess in person. The doors don't open normally, the trunk won't open, they only have one proto etc. Honestly it makes me sad Nissan is floundering so hard right now they can't even get the doors to open normally gotta use a button on the pillar right now. Jeesh Nissan get your crap together and when are going to learn anything else about this car are they really going to drive one single prototype around for years before the release it or something? Took them this long to just to throw the vr30 motor in a rectangular version of the 370z. At this rate it will probably take another half a decade to pick the colors and decide to put it on the showroom floor. https://www.nissanzclub.com/forum/th...rs-coffee.172/
Since its a prototype, they're not going to have a fully functioning and working panels, especially since the point of proto/concept is to show what could be if there were no regulations etc required.

Look at this image of the LEAKED pre-production Z; You can see the indentation of the door handle, the DOT required sidemarkers, the covered Z badge on rear tailgate as well as the 3/4 as well as the wheels/calipers.

Also this video, go to 0:17s and you'll see the guy open the door using the door handle. This is another pre-production vehicle that was recorded at the same time the silver one above was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTy-...annel=400ZCLUB

Nissan isn't slacking perse, they're holding off until they can release something worth releasing. Just think as how they revealed the Proto. There was going to be no new Z and then out of nowhere, they announced the A to Z plan. My guess is they'l announce something May 28 (Since they announced A to Z LY on that day). Just watch the both videos here and relax. We're all impatiently waiting on the big details to be validated; Engine, transmission, weight, brakes, pricing, colors & options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
My bad then. I simply don't recall seeing that during the reveal. Old age I guess.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Watch this Video; Nissan Reps talks about why the proto is labeled Fairlady Z.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuag...Carsn%27Coffee