View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 09:11 AM   #7133 (permalink)
JLarson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z MR M6
JLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond reputeJLarson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy View Post
Congratulations Josh,
Hopefully compensation accompanies the position!
Yes and no. My salary went up which isn't anything to sneeze at, but that was partly because this all occurred at my annual raise + performance review. I've been told the bonuses will be a lot larger. But the real improvement is to my visibility in the company. I was also told flat out I'm on the short list of replacements for running the division, when the time comes. All of that is very good.

But the situation I'm going into is, not mincing words, really ******* tough. The Director of Manufacturing had a year with this problem and only scratched the surface, so I have no illusions here - this could be the first time I really fail in this org. I've never run this dept, and the dept has some of the lowest performers in the entire organization. I may have to go in and really clean house. Probably 6 months minimum before I can start to breathe again, and that's if this goes well.

So if I'm unemployed in a year, I may hit you up for a place on your couch lol