View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 06:34 PM   #132 (permalink)
kromberg
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Nismo
kromberg is on a distinguished road

Hey Guys,

I am interested in putting some effort into this project. I have successfully built a custom Ardunio setup that reads a bunch of sensor data and then builds CAN Messages and broadcasts them on the BUS. I am currently working a another project to reads messages from the BUS, processes the data from them, and builds new messages and puts them on the BUS. Most of this was straight forward as I am a software developer and was using AEM devices that have fully documented and published message structures.

I am interested in doing something for the 370z that can read data from the car CAN BUS, other external sensors, and then display data on a LCD screen and/or log the data. The hardware cost would be around the $240 range: Ardunio unit, canbus module, SDCard module, 4.5" LCD. The biggest huddle is the 370Z PID messages. Looks like is a spreadsheet that has been created with a good number of PIDs decoded, but it is far from complete. There are PIDs that UpRev and HpTuners knows about( logs and/or uses for tuning ) that are missing. It would be awesome to have the short and long term fuel trims, wideband data, engine load, base fuel schedule, etc. I am guessing they have signed NDAs with Nissan to get them.

So.... I can definitely write the software and provide required hardware. Decoding the missing PIDs is going to take some work, anyone interested in doing that or helping out?

Keith
kromberg is offline   Reply With Quote