View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 05:52 PM   #7100 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyZ View Post
I'm all for people caring for other people's old people. But if the problem they're trying to fix is people dropping out of the workforce to care for ailing relatives, paying them tax dollars for them to personally care for those relatives doesn't really count as keeping them in the workforce.

Plus the propensity for large scale fraud is just insane. When I was at the AGs office we busted a whole apt building (they had two residents who worked in the govt home healthcare aide office and were in on it) for getting paid for 'caring' for dead people.
I agree with the above

We need to create actual jobs for working class folks to provide home health care/aid for the elderly.

Medicare should at least cover part of this cost bc it’s actually cheaper than being in a nursing home (speaking of fleecing Medicare/tax payers blind)

This sort of job should pay better than min wage bc it’s more labor intensive, requires more skills, even if it’s just people skills, and frankly, I don’t want some scrub coming into my house tempted to commit robbery or ID theft bc the job pays so shitty they don’t really have much to lose.