View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 05:32 PM   #7099 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
I don’t disagree with you as far as the unions fleecing Medicare unfairly on this issue.

BUT, there is an elderly/disabled home care crisis already starting and as the boomers get older, every year it’s getting worse.

Nursing homes are a institutionalized legal torture chamber, I and most of y’all probably agree that I’d rather die than end up in one.

The dignified answer that maintains a person’s maximum freedom and mobility in old age is home healthcare workers so you can live out your days in peace and dignity in your own house.

We desperately need investment in this country in this aspect of health care. I’m not saying this proposal by Biden is the perfect or even right answe but something needs to start happening on this issue.

Plus, it will create a lot of decent blue collar jobs.

Bottom line, we are ALL going to need this help at some point in the future, this is future proofing our own quality of life at the point in our lives where we will be the most vulnerable.
I'm all for people caring for other people's old people. But if the problem they're trying to fix is people dropping out of the workforce to care for ailing relatives, paying them tax dollars for them to personally care for those relatives doesn't really count as keeping them in the workforce.

Plus the propensity for large scale fraud is just insane. When I was at the AGs office we busted a whole apt building (they had two residents who worked in the govt home healthcare aide office and were in on it) for getting paid for 'caring' for dead people.