View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 05:19 PM   #7095 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyZ View Post
Ah, if only it were roads. A lot of that is going to expanding 'home healthcare workers' aka family members of the elderly. And guess what! In many states that's a unionized job.

So the unions negotiate with the lawmakers who are funding home health care with medicare. I see no issues with the total lack of checks and balances there.
I don’t disagree with you as far as the unions fleecing Medicare unfairly on this issue.

BUT, there is an elderly/disabled home care crisis already starting and as the boomers get older, every year it’s getting worse.

Nursing homes are a institutionalized legal torture chamber, I and most of y’all probably agree that I’d rather die than end up in one.

The dignified answer that maintains a person’s maximum freedom and mobility in old age is home healthcare workers so you can live out your days in peace and dignity in your own house.

We desperately need investment in this country in this aspect of health care. I’m not saying this proposal by Biden is the perfect or even right answe but something needs to start happening on this issue.

Plus, it will create a lot of decent blue collar jobs.

Bottom line, we are ALL going to need this help at some point in the future, this is future proofing our own quality of life at the point in our lives where we will be the most vulnerable.