View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 12:53 PM   #7093 (permalink)
-ZS-Carpenter
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 370z 6MT
-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
Make sure you get a commitment for a check for face value and not some bs 'annual payment'. Insurance companies love to screw people on death claims, they will tell you that they can only pay 'annual payments' of 'dividends', especially on whole life policies. That 'savings account' is over-payment of premium and is your money. You are entitled to both, the face & the 'savings'. Read the policy closely, chances are the agent screwed your dad on how the policy pays out.
That is the next stop. It is set up just like his wifes was. Payable on death. They got these policies together and she passed 4 years ago. So there should be no worries.

We are waiting for the money to go to the funeral home and then they will hand up 2 checks for equal amounts of the remainder.

But in the mean time I have a truck 3 boats and a Harley to sell and cash out his retirement plus something else.

And I'm having my will drawn up in the next few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk