View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 06:34 AM   #7074 (permalink)
-ZS-Carpenter
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 370z 6MT
-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute-ZS-Carpenter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
Inflation is always a potential issue and I worry about it too.

But, those same inflation worries never came to pass despite all the deficit spending under Obama. The unfunded trump tax cuts of 2017 added 2T to our debt but no real inflation issue.

Yes Biden wants to add another 4Tin spending but it’s mostly targeted to something that is decades overdue, infrastructure and the rest helps a lot of folks ability to work, ie child care etc.

Now I don’t agree with all of his proposed spending plan, but if we get the infrastructure part even if it carries the other stuff, then it’s worth it IMO.

It’s also going to create a lot of good working class jobs an boost the stock market as our companies make money building up our country.

Re: inflation, our biggest saving grace on this is twofold. One, the US dollar is the world’s reserve currency (why do you think China is trying so hard to change that by replacing us on the world stage). Two, everyone, and I mean everyone in the world is drowning in national debt as bad or worse than we are, turkey, China, EU, and many EU member states etc.

The key to survive any possible inflation issue down the road is the same financial principles you should already be living by- live within your means, pay cash for everything as much as possible and be debt free or work hard towards it. And finally invest well divesfied stock portfolio.
Ahh yes. $4t in dept to get 1t worth of fixed roads and bridges and 3t to line the pockets of cronies.

I can't see why people would be against it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk