View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 11:21 AM   #5855 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABAM View Post
Painful lesson on why it is important to pay attention to what your gun/ammo is doing.

Thank God he survived. His recovery has been remarkable too.

TBH, I'm not familiar with SLAP rounds so I more than likely would have made the same mistake. Honestly, most of us would have made that mistake so I can't blame him at all. There was subtle red flags that most of us would have missed. Hindsight is 20/20. Makes me wonder it there might have been a noticeable weight difference in the rounds. A round that hot makes me think double load or way hotter powder was used in that round. I wonder if he has any more that round can be taken apart to see if there is an explanation of why that one round was so hot.

Not sure where they're from but he claimed it was unmolested military surplus. What do you think happened?
I'm going to guess that the sabot got stuck in the barrel. With that type of breech, he should have inspected the bore prior to loading another round.