View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 09:50 AM   #73 (permalink)
NecioVato
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 Black Nismo Z
NecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond repute

I think what we are getting considering the state of sports cars, the state of Nissan as a corp company is really good overall. I think they are smart to use as much of the previous generation as possible to build a nicer, more complete car than what we currently have. To have a twin turbo and a manual - it's like 'take my money'. As for revolutionary, I think the base they made with the Z already hits a lot of the marks, when I look back at the 300zx, the 350z and how timeless the current 370z looks - we aren't needing revolutionary - we just need a faster motor along with an updated interior and some newer styling to keep up with the other manufacturers.

If you look at a lot of sports cars - other than the Civic Type R (and a lot of people would argue that it's not a sports car but a hot hatch) and the Corvette - sports cars don't sell as well. Even the Supra is not maintaining it's value for it's price point and I'm sure one could find a new one at below MSRP. Even new cars that are coming out - the BRZ/86 isn't turbo charged but still staying NA and I think that has to do with the cheaper 2.0 Supra, to not eat into sells. We are still waiting on the new revolutionary Subie STI; so if you ask me - I think Nissan is trying to do right by it's fans.

Regardless, I think we should all wait for the new Z and the reviews to come out before we write it off completely.
NecioVato is offline   Reply With Quote