View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 01:36 PM   #5338 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeder View Post
  1. Do I want to preemptively get one of the aftermarket options for the weak CSC? It's got 77k miles so it's possible this has already happened.
    Yes. Get one of the ZSpeed options. The CMAK is external and self-adjusting. I recommend it.
  2. Do I want to get the RJM clutch pedal?
    Yes. Right away. The OEM pedal is stupid.
  3. Do I want to get an oil cooler? (spirited drive this weekend at ~65*F ambient and oil temps went to ~220*F)
    Depends on you. If you don't do sustained hard driving it can be manageable without an oil cooler although frustrating. I went 6 years of daily driving in Texas with plenty of hard driving in the summer heat and never felt like it was that big of a deal. But in hindsight I'd recommend one.
  4. Do I want to get a remote tune by Seb? If so, off-the-shelf or custom?
    Absolutely! He can solve your throttle lag problem, too. Definitely get a custom tune. Find someone with a cable to borrow if you need to.
    One thing to note is that without additional cooling measures, the 370Z engine bay can get very hot and IATs skyrocket when the car isn't moving. The ECU adjustments in response to heatsoak may be another reason for perceived throttle lag. A tune won't help this.
  5. Do I want to get the windows retinted due to peeling at the corners of the front windows, or wait until it gets worse?
    I don't know. Do you want to get them retinted or wait? Just do whatever you want. I'd have to get it fixed or just peel it off completely because it would bother me. But it won't hurt anything to leave it.
  6. Do I want to get an unlimited car wash package?
    No!! Those places will just swirl your paint with used towels after a crappy wash. Go watch Junkman2000 detailing videos on YouTube (Junkman2008 on this forum) and educate yourself.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote