View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default [BP single kit] Compturbo died @ 6k miles; looking at replacements

Single BP kit with the Compturbo oil less unit. It died @ 6k miles despite living a simple, well maintained, easy life. They want $1200 to replace the CHRA and I don't feel like wasting any more time or money on their poorly engineered and badly warrantied products.

Spooler and Co. helped me get info from a member that has swapped over to a Precision Turbo 6870 1.32 unit as it bolts right up to the manifold without any modifications. I have irons in the fire to snag one but I'd like to hear if anyone else has ideas or info on other units that would work. It doesn't look like Garrett has anything that will be a direct bolt on solution.

I picked up an Exa pump and also a CJM oil pan with appropriate ports for an oil fed turbo. I think that should get me up and running but if you see anything I missed please let me know.
madwi is offline   Reply With Quote