View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 05:19 PM   #304 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

ok, the first SCCA Track Night is over, it was a success, all the work with SIM Racing and SIM coaching made a difference for me. My last best time at AMP was 1.51.79, last night I turned a best of 1.44.77, an improvement of 7.02 seconds. For the first time I actually felt comfortable, still on edge, but I was able to look ahead, and see the track vs tunnel vision.

Also in using Garmin Catalyst, it worked well, giving lap times and differences. I did not use the coaching, for I still need to work on being able to hear it better. But over all I was pleased. Think I left some time on the track, in letting up on the throttle a bit early. It was also in the low to mid 50s, a very cool windy late afternoon/evening

This was my best lap. 1.44.77
https://youtu.be/OjOei2HXwg8

An interest note on this, I was able to download the best lap with out any problems off the Garmin. There is a still a lot for me to learn and unlock from the device. It did record all my laps, and in sessions provide me a variation of lap time for the session. More to come.

I do have some post track day work to be done. The last session brake fade,
more than I wanted. But I will flush the system and clutch fluid just because and probably change the brakes.

Over all it was fun Next Track Night is May 21st, same track.