View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 04:11 PM   #30 (permalink)
stormcrow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Nismo TT
stormcrow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab83_750 View Post
Stormcrow,

How is the ride compared to the stock Nismo? Is the sway/cornering the same? When braking, same amount of nose-dive/travel?

I guess what I am pursuing is, 'Do you have the same performance (if not better) with the coil-overs WITHOUT the bumpy/harsh ride of the stock Nismo?'

Thanks.
The ride is less kidney bruising. Depending on how you adjust the damper settings, it can be very smooth or very stiff...but, still not as 'bouncy' as the stock Nismo suspension.

The sway is the same, but this won't be controlled by coilovers; you need sway bars to help here. Cornering is spectacular, but I really can't compare it to the OEM Nismos because I only had 100 miles on the car when I took them off. I had never put the car into a hard turn. Same goes for nose travel on hard braking. I can't compare the two.

If I had to *guess* on performance comparison, then I would say the Teins would win hands down. The shocks on the OEM Nismo are made by Tokico. Though excellent quality, I don't think they can compare to the Tein Flex setup.

Hope this helps you a bit.
stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote