View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pktaske View Post
So I finally start my job of refurbing my 09 with 90,000 miles. I get it up on 4 jack stands to pull the wheels off to refinish. One of my back lugs is spinning and I need a good way to determine if it's the stud or the cover cap. Any suggestions on how to solve either is appreciated too. I watched a couple Ford guys fix the aluminum cap issue but they had good access to the nut. We have ours deep into the rear wheel and protected on all sides.

As an FYI, it is becoming a PITA to remove the nuts from my socket on the ones I can get out. I guess they are swelling?

Why the f would Nissan put these on the Z anyway?
My guess is just a spun cover cap. Take a Dremel with a ball mill and cut the end of the cap off. Once that is removed, the cap should slide off. What makes this a PITA is that you have to have a very steady hand.