View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 08:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Eris
Base Member

Drives: 18 370
Eris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond reputeEris has a reputation beyond repute
Default 7at clicking-noise video

I took a video of my problem, described below.

Clicking noise in transmission RARELY accompanied by kicking when

-changing 3 to 4 manual mode
-between 2k and 4k
-only if I lug the engine and try to go full throttle at those low rpms and change immediately up
-never happens in D mode
-changing 3 to 4 when PROPERLY going full throttle and upshifting above 4.5k creates no noise
-when upshifting in 3 to 4 in the 2k- 4k range, noise will NEVER show if throttle is mildly pressed.
-when the car changes 2 to 1 ON ITS OWN, the clicking on the video appears, which is the same as the one from 3 to 4. Didn't take video of that one because the clicking can be too faint to capture on video at speed
-jerkiness almost never happens with click in 3 to 4. The 2 to 1 click on the other hand is accompanied almost always by the usual jerkiness our cars have down there
-clicking can be felt as a very shallow, small vibration in the footwell and a bit back.

The car has just had its fluid changed at dealership.
Took it back to the dealership. They said fluid is fine. Transmission is fine. Nothing lose. Etc.
Took it to another shop... they say box is also functioning perfectly. I myself feel the car rather perfect too... except for this click and sometimes jerk. I have z1 bushings... so it feels jerkier than before... but click and vibration feel UPFRONT... nothing to do with diff.

Last edited by Eris; 06-19-2021 at 09:16 AM.
Eris is offline   Reply With Quote