View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 02:46 PM   #6329 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
The passenger side looks normal comparing it with the OEM fender. The drivers side though is heavily bowed outwards near the middle of the fender where it meets the door. This has caused roughly an inch wide fitment gap between where the OEM fender normally bolts into the mounts and the side skirt section.

Surprisingly, the gaps between the fender/hood, fender/headlight, and fender/pillar are actually tighter than OEM.

Tough part I'm having is getting the fender to push downwards enough without cracking the carbon fiber. Right now, I have created a few small brackets that I rivetted to the bottom mounting holes of the fender. The goal is to flex the fender downwards enough to get rid of the bowed mid section and fasten is to the OEM mount locations positioned behind the side skirt. IDC what it'll look like since nobody will be able to see it anyways.

Then I cross my fingers th passenger side doesn't give me to much trouble....
$5 the whole fender pops off halfway to Madwi's