View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 10:22 PM   #140 (permalink)
DrBacon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo
DrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
I wouldnt say "easily possible" since I have never seen anyone make 15psi with it. Not saying you didnt but there have been many of these kits sold and I have never seen one make any decent power with that filter on.

What is considered almost daily driving? 10,000 miles? That means every year you have to remove the entire supercharger and reinstall it to clean your filter. Also, I see that filter gets completely smashed from engine movement. Even after cleaning it I am pretty sure it will not bring in the same psi as it did when it was new. It physically loses surface area, something it cant afford.

Plus just the fact that knowing every time you drive your car it is losing psi/power is kind of strange.

I know I am calling the kettle black here since this was my design and I appreciate the feedback to help the community understand facts. (unlike facebook)

In your below comment you have stated you had to modify the kit in order to gain boost. When I say 12 psi that is because that is what the competition sends out to the customer. Yes its possible to modify it to make more boost. You could have done this by overdriving the head unit even further also.

The point is "here is what you get when you order a Rotrex kit Vs. here is what you get if you order the competitor kit". Nothing needs to be done to the Rotrex kit at all in order to make more power than most people know what to do with instead of constantly modifying and trying to figure out how to make these Vortech kits make more power.
Don't get me wrong, I am in no way trying to diminish the new kits capabilities. I know it will be superior to the previous kit(s) in virtually every way. I despise that stupid filter, I have offered several shops good money to come up with a custom solution to it and none of them even wanted to try.
DrBacon is offline   Reply With Quote