View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 05:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Maestro666
Base Member

Drives: 370z 7AT 2014
Maestro666 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
Everyone swears by the Hotchkiss so that’s probably the way you should go. It’s odd though or I guess maybe I am as I just did a track day last month and I tried dialing in some different setups with mine (Stillen) and tried full stiff front and full soft rear and figured if I liked it and wanted more of it then I’d buy the Hotchkiss setup. Kind of glad I tested because I think I just saved myself some money. The Stillen front isn’t rated nearly as stiff as the Hotchkiss and yet the front end just became totally nervous and light like I couldn’t trust the grip and it wanted to push at the same time. Set the front to middle and it was a totally different car the next session and would lean (obviously) and grip. Then tried the rear in the middle and that works too, better on some turns but maybe a little nervous rear on some others. So seems I’ve found my setup but I’m surprised no one thinks the Hotchkiss understeers. I’m still slow and only in group b so maybe it’s just me but I couldn’t find myself going into the turns as hard with the way the steering and balance felt.
If I run my Whiteline bar on the stiffest setting with my mps4s on the front I get all sorts of front end nervousness braking into corners. The stock bar is better. With the Nankang semi's on it's a completely different story. Front end fully stiff all the way or else the lean just throws me right off.
Maestro666 is offline   Reply With Quote