View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 04:19 PM   #734 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I slacked on posting over the few days. I have been getting out to the shop and doing a couple things.

I ordered a Lokar dipstick, and assumed plug and play. WRONG. The damn thing does not fit and now I am trying to figure out what I can do. Might pawn this one off to the engineer. I have "ideas" what to do at this time.

The cap I ordered was not the right cap. I fixed it. The dipstick was too long so I cut it.

I added the power steering cooler. It fit in perfect. Only draw back was that I cut the Sikky line to fit the correct length into the PS pump. When I pulled the line off it didn't have enough length to meet the PS cooler. Easy fix. I just added the left over hose to the PS cooler and bought a 2 dollar barb that will join the line. Actually, That may even be the better solution so that I can drain the fluid lower if ever needed.

The cross over line I ordered appears to be the correct length and the banjo bolts will likely work under the pan. This is a big issue for other swapped Z cars as well.

If you guys remember, I ground down a couple holes in my exhaust manifolds. Well! that has been fixed and 8 EGT bungs have been added.

My buddy is helping with the finalization of the hot and cold side. Some adjustments were done on the cold side upper but the lower side requires an additional pie on each side. He took the lowers to his shop to turn the aluminum smooth so that it doesn't look like a bag of azz holes.

The exhaust flanges are off to Independent Engineering (my buddy who is helping fab) so that vbands will be welded on. He has a really nice shop for welding... instead of the plastic crate I set up for him in the picture.

Jeff/Independent Engineering will swing out next weekend with revisions. I suspect he will need another week of additional time to get the waste gates welded, BOV welded (assuming they come this week) and other welding finalization items. Jeff will also be the man helping with an option for the oil dipstick (he just doesn't know it yet).

Last picture is the wheel on my car... I thought it was funny because of all the work that has been done to the car, I still have OE wheels. I don't intend on upgrading them this year either.

-Edit

I have a picture of a digital caliper... that is the surface of the top on the PS cap. A titanium company, Titanium Works, said that they want to put "seen" titanium objects on my car. I don't know if that means they want to sponsor me or not. *shrug* . Anyway. surface of the cap.. yeah. I checked in with them to see if they had a titanium caps for GM. They didn't., but he said that they could make a titanium plate with a thin two sided tape. I said they are welcome to make something up for that spot. Might look kinda cool with something there. I dunno. I figured it's an option for them. We'll see.

Last edited by gbrettin; 04-12-2021 at 04:34 PM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote