View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 09:14 AM   #6138 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Got my Honda back from loaning it to my fiancee's oldest boy. I think he drove it 20 miles total...

Decided to put on the new wiper transmission and the new fuel pump module I ordered from Rock Auto a couple of months back. Well, things didn't go quite as planned. I got the old wiper motor & trans out, but broke the cowl piec that goes over the driver's side wiper post. No biggie, I'll just use some duct tape to hold it together. Swapped the wiper motor onto the new trans, and put it in the car. Wipers no work, trans no go back & forth.... Cowl off, and double check... dummy, you didn't put enough 'ugga-duggas' on the nut that holds the trans to the wiper. Applied 'ugga-duggas' and tried again. Trans goes back and forth, YA!!!! Install wiper arms... no workie.... WTF? Moved wiper arms to middle of windshield, try again. Wipers jam up, passenger one gets stuck on driver's side... WTF?!?!?! Take it all apart and try again. I did this for 2 hours until I got smart and looked at the Haynes manual sitting on my shelf in the garage... When I didn't put enough 'ugga-duggas' on the nut holding the trans to the motor, it was 180 degrees out. Removed arm, installed correctly..... wipers work.... whew....

Now for the fuel pump module. Should be easy, it's under the rear seat...... All comes apart easily, going back together..... WTF? I spent 30 minutes trying to put the new retainer that holds the module in the tank before I grabbed the old one and put it all back together.

I started all this chit at about 11, and finished about 2 pm. It should have been about 90 minutes max.....